Dr. Jed Marquart, PE
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Department
525 S. Main Street
Ada, OH 45810
- Professor, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2004-present
- Associate Prof., Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 1997-2004
- Assistant Prof., Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 1991-1997
- Aerospace Engineer, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH, 1989-1991
- Aerospace Engineer, SofTech, Inc., Dayton, OH, 1987-1989
- Aerospace Engineer, Arvin/Calspan, Dayton, OH, 1984-1987
- Project Engineer, Ridge & Associates, Inc., Findlay, OH, 1980-1984
- PE, Registered Professional Engineer in Ohio
- PhD., Aerospace Engineering, University of Dayton, 1996
- MSAE, Aerospace Engineering University of Dayton, 1988
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, 1980
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Aircraft Design
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Freshman Engineering
Currently provide consulting/research services to local industries including NASA in the following areas:
- Finite element analysis of biomedical and aerospace parts/structures
- Finite element analysis of piping systems
- CFD analysis of turbomachinery, including the space shuttle main engine
- CFD and FEA analysis for aircraft design
- Marquart, J.E., Endicott, D.S., and Dear, C.A., “CFD Investigation of the Drag Effects of Heating and Cooling Cylinders in Crossflow”, 6th AIAA Flow Control Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, 25 - 28 June 2012.
- Sawyers, D.R., Jr., Garbash, A.N., Marquart, J.E., and Shen, H, “Heat Accumulation in the Helmet for the Treatment of Deformational Plagiocephaly”, The 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, May 17-20, 2012, Shanghai, China.
- Garbash, A.N., Marquart, J.E., and Shen, H, “Deformation of Layered Polymeric Lenses and Glass Lenses under Thermal Loading”, 2011 ASEE Middle Atlantic Sectional Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 29, 2011.
- Lifer, K.C., VanAtta, J.S., Bauman, J.M., Marquart, J.E., and Shen, H., “Sample Biomedical Projects Carried Out by Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Students”, ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Colorado, Nov. 11-17, 2011, Paper No. IMECE2011-63087.
- Estell, J.K., Marquart, J.E., and Reid, K., “Addressing Third World Poverty inFirst-Year Engineering Capstone Projects: Initial Findings”, ASEE Annual Conference, Louisville, KY, June 2010.
- Ondrake, J.E., Lifer, K.C., Haman, S.P., Marquart, J.E., Shen, H., “Single Screw vs. Double Screw Device for Femur Bone Fracture”, 4th Frontiers in Biomedical Devices Conference and Exposition, Irvine, California, Poster BioMed 2009-83132.
- Walters D. and Marquart, J.E., “Finite Element Analysis of the Teton Aircraft Design TAD-01 LSA”, Project report for Teton Aircraft, December 2009.
- Marquart, J.E., “Teaching CFD to Undergraduate Engineers Using Theory and Commercial Software”, Dayton-Cincinnati Aerospace Sciences Symposium, March 2009.
- Yoder, J-D, Estell, John, Sawyers, David, and Marquart, J.E., Direct Measures Assessment:Adapting ‘Best Assessment Practices’ to a Mechanical Engineering Department, ASEE North Central Regional Conference, March 2008
- Sawyers, D.R, and Marquart, J.E., Using Simulation Software in Thermal Science Courses, ASEE North Central Regional Conference, April 2007.
- Sawyers, D.R, and Marquart, J.E., The Use of Student-Generated Lab Plans in the Thermal Sciences, ASEE National Conference, Chicago, IL, June 2006.
- Marquart, J.E., Dorney, D.J., A Successful CFD Course for Undergraduate Engineers, ASEE North Central Regional Conference, April 2005.