- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2012-present
- Assistant Prof of Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2006-2012
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Northwestern University, IL, 2004-2006
- Engineer, Shanghai General Motors, P. R. China, 1996-1998
- PhD, Engineering Science and Mechanics, The Pennsylvania State University, 2003
- MS, Solid Mechanics, Tongji University, 1996
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1993
- Freshman Engineering
- Material Science
- Mechanical behaviors of polymers
- Shape memory alloys
- Multiscale characterization and modeling of advanced material systems
- T. Ramanathan, S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, H. Liu, H. Shen, S. T. Nguyen, L. C. Brinson, 2007, "Graphitic nanofillers in PMMA nanocomposites-An investigation of Particle Size and Dispersion and their influence on nanocomposite properties", Journal of Polymer Science: Part B: Polymer Physics, vol 45, 2097-2112.
- H. Shen and L.C. Brinson, 2007, "Finite element modeling of porous titanium", International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol 44, 320-335.
- H. Shen and L.C. Brinson, 2006, "A numerical investigation of the effect of boundary conditions and RVE size on simulation of foamed titanium", Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, vol 1, 1179-1204.
- H. Shen, S.M. Oppenheimer, D.C. Dunand, and L.C. Brinson, 2006, "Numerical modeling of pore size and distribution in foamed titanium", Mechanics of Materials, 38, 933-944.
- H. Shen and C.J. Lissenden, 2005, "Stress and strain localization 3D modeling for particle-reinforced metal matrix composites", Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, vol. 36A, pp. 1653-1660.