Throughout the year, the ONU Health Center helps students in a variety of ways. The ONU Health Center:
● Tracks immunization and compliance for nursing, pharmacy, and athletic training students
● Assesses medical concerns and provides treatment
● Assesses psychological concerns and provides treatment
● Provides crutches, wheelchairs and nebulizers on loan
● Provides health promotion and disease prevention – with handouts given daily for health education
Students who are ill and miss classes are responsible for notifying their professors concerning missed classes/assignments. Written excuses are not issued. All medical records are strictly confidential, and no information is released without authorization from the student in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio. Medical records are kept for four years after a student graduates or departs ONU, and then the records are destroyed.
As a reminder, all medical forms were to be submitted by Aug. 2, 2014. If you have not submitted your medical history form, TB questionnaire and PPD, please submit them to the ONU Health Center as soon as possible. These items must be received prior to attending Welcome Weekend activities.
For any questions or information, please visit our website.