Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
The ONU Health Center works to serve all ONU students. Our vision is for each student to sustain optimal physical and emotional health for a successful college career. Our mission is to assist students in enhancing their physical, mental and emotional capabilities. The Health Center staff educates and encourages students to make informed decisions about health care concerns and empowers students to be self-directed and well-informed citizens on personal health care. Emphasis is placed on health promotion and disease prevention.
In working towards disease prevention, the ONU Health Center provides a variety of immunizations, including Hepatitis B, Tetanus (Td or TDap), and PPD test (Tuberculosis). Fees will be charged for all of these immunizations. All of the data regarding immunizations is stored with the Ohio Department of Health Data Base. The ONU Health Center also will administer allergy shots if provided pre-orders from your allergist.
In addition to providing high-quality health care to students, the ONU Health Center offers a wide variety of services:
- Assessment of student’s illness, injury and all other health issues
- Collection of lab specimens – serum, urine, cultures, etc.
- Urine drug screens
- Varicella Titer – Chicken Pox vaccine
- Other physician (PCP) orders
- Over-the-counter medication samples
- Aerosol breathing and lung-percussion treatments as needed
- Cryotherapy (freed plantar warts)
- Earwax removal
- Suture insertion and removal
- Wound care
- Blood-pressure monitoring
- Prescription renewal
- Travel medications
- Well women exams (PAP)
- Referral to specialists
- CLIA waived diagnostic lab test – mono, strep, urine, glucose and pregnancy tests
The ONU Health Center staff works to help our students have the best possible care. Please stop by the Health Center and meet the staff and take advantage of the many services provided right on our campus!