Financial Aid and Billing
Melanie Weaver, ONU’s director of financial aid, reminds parents of several important actions that will ensure that their student is ready to start classes this fall:
As the start of fall semester approaches, below is a checklist you should review to ensure that all necessary steps have been completed for financial aid and fall tuition bills. All of these steps should be completed by the end of July 2014.
- Apply for any loans that you need to cover your costs. More information about loan programs can be found here.
- Have your student accept their award notice in Self-Service Banner by choosing the “Financial Aid Services” box found here.
- Submit any missing documents to ONU Financial Aid. These can be viewed through the Self-Service Banner link above by clicking on the option “View Requirements for My Financial Aid”
- Have your student add you as an authorized user to their student account so you can view their E-bill. Instructions for waiving this can be found here.
- Waive University medical insurance if you do not require the coverage. Have your student watch their ONU email address for more information about the insurance and instructions for waiving. Students who do not waive by Aug. 31, 2014, will automatically be charged and enrolled in the insurance plan.
- Watch for the student E-bill in mid-July. If you are an authorized user, you will get an email when the E-bill is ready to view. Log in to the E-bill and ensure that arrangements for payment have been made.
- If you wish to sign up for the payment plan, this can be done through the student E-bill account.
The Office of Financial Aid can be reached at 419-772-2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.