Financial Aid and Billing
Melanie Weaver, ONU’s director of financial aid, reminds students of several important actions that will ensure they are ready to start classes this fall:
As the start of fall semester approaches, below is a checklist you should review to ensure that all necessary steps have been completed for financial aid and fall tuition bills. All of these steps should be completed by the end of July 2014.
- Apply for any loans that you need to cover your costs. More information about loan programs can be found here.
- Accept your award notice in Self-Service Banner by choosing the “Financial Aid Services” box found here.
- Submit any missing documents to ONU Financial Aid. These can be viewed through the Self-Service Banner link above by clicking on the option “View Requirements for My Financial Aid”
- Add your parent or guardian as an authorized user to your E-bill. This must be done if you want them to have access to view your E-bill and make payment arrangements. Instructions for waiving this are found here.
- Waive University medical insurance if you do not require the coverage. Watch your ONU email address for more information about the insurance and instructions for waiving. If you do not waive by Aug. 31, 2014, you will automatically be charged and enrolled in the insurance plan.
- Watch for your E-bill in mid-July. Log in to your E-bill and make sure that arrangements for payment have been made.
- If you wish to sign up for the payment plan, this can be done through your E-bill account.
The Office of Financial Aid can be reached at 419-772-2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.