Make Sure Your Extra Credit Counts
Have you taken any post-secondary courses? Did you take any Advanced Placement (AP) courses? Be sure to know the process in order to have the information recorded correctly!
- Ohio Northern University accepts coursework for transfer credit from accredited institutions if a grade of “C” (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) or better was earned in the course and the content applies toward the student’s intended course of study at ONU. Only credit, not grades, transfer. Transfer credit can be accepted from institutions lacking regional accreditation but having accreditation by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- It is the applicant/student’s responsibility to provide the required documentation necessary for determining the acceptability of work for transfer credit at ONU.
- Credit may be accepted only upon the recommendation of the specific ONU department or college in which the coursework is appropriate.
- Transcripts from each post-secondary institution previously attended are required. Please have them sent directly by the U.S. Postal Service to the Office of Admissions at 525 S. Main St., Admissions Office, Ada, Ohio 45810
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit:
- The University grants credit for College Entrance Examination Board Advanced Placement Tests to those high school students achieving at least the minimum score established by the department in which credit is being sought.
- Test results should be sent directly from the AP Testing Center to the University Registrar at 525 S. Main St., Registrar’s Office, Ada, Ohio 45810
- Final decisions rest with the chairperson of the department. Some courses are major-specific.
- A combined maximum of 45 quarter hours or 30 semester hours of AP, CLEP, IB, and/or ONU Institutional Examination credit can be counted toward graduation.
- Any credit received will not be posted until mid-July.
For additional information, visit the Registrar’s website. You also may contact the Registrar’s Office at 419-772-2029 with any questions.