Google Apps For Education Coming to ONU
Ohio Northern University is partnering with Google to allow ONU students, faculty, staff and alumni to use Google Apps for Education. Phase-in of the services is currently underway with the College of Engineering as the first user of the services.
These include ONU email accounts, as well as Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sites and Google Talk. The new system brings many benefits to ONU students, faculty and staff including indexed email search, enhanced spam filtering, calendaring, tagging capabilities for tracking emails, and an extraordinary 7.5 gigabyte email quota per user for storage.
What will you get?
· 7.5 Gigabytes of email storage
· Instant messaging from right within your mailbox and free PC-to-PC voice calls.
· Google Calendar to schedule meetings, create events, and share calendars with others.
· Google Docs to create and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations online.
· Your own personalized Start Page where you can access all these services.
· Access to your information from anywhere with an Internet connection. You can also access your email, calendar and documents with a mobile device.