Sebok Pharmacy Lecture Series
The Sebok Pharmacy Lecture was established by alumni and friends of the College of Pharmacy to honor Dr. Albert A. Sebok, BSPh ’53, Hon. D. ’88, one of the Raabe College of Pharmacy’s most distinguished alumni. Sebok joined Standard Drug as a store manager after graduation. In 1961, Revco acquired Standard. Under his leadership as senior vice president for store operations, Revco DrugStores Inc. became the largest discount drug chain in America. He was an original member of ONU’s Pharmacy Advisory Board and the founder and instructor of the college’s contemporary pharmacy practice class. He received an honorary doctorate degree from Ohio Northern in 1988.
The 2016 Sebok Lecture and Distinguished Alumni ceremonies wAS held on February 12, 2016
Mr. Armitstead has served on the ASHP Board of Directors and on several councils and committees. Mr. Armistead is active in the Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists and is a founding member of the Florida Residency Conference. He is a past president of the Kentucky Society of Health-System Pharmacists and Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists and is a recipient of the Clifton J. Latiolais Award from the Ohio State University School of Pharmacy
Previous Sebok Lecture Speakers:
- 2016—John Armitstead, BSPh, '79 2015 ASHP President, and System Director of Pharmacy Services at Lee Memorial Health System in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, FL. ONU Video
- 2015—Peggy Piascik, Ph.D, Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Science at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy
- 2014—Lisa Tonrey, MHA, BPharm, PhC, FAPhA, CAPT, U.S. Public Health Service ONU Video
- 2013—Dr. Julie A. Johnson, V. Ravi Chandran Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florida Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine
- 2012—Thomas E. Menighan, Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, American Pharmacists Association (APhA), ONU Video, WLIO coverage-2012 Sebok Lecture
- 2011—Dr. Carmen A Catizone, executive director, National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, WLIO coverage-2011 Sebok Lecture
- 2010—Steven C. Anderson, president and CEO, National Association of Chain Drug Stores
Robertson-Evans Pharmacy Building 216
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.