SME Awards Scholarships, Names Officers
The following students have been awarded the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Merit Scholarship Award for 2010-2011:
Brian Rudary, a junior in manufacturing technology from Independence, Ohio; Michael Letcher, a junior in technology education from Kirkville, N.Y.; Cory Bryan, a senior in manufacturing technology from McComb, Ohio; Levi Brown, a sophomore in technology education from Forest, Ohio.
Funding for the awards comes from fundraising activities by the ONU chapter of SME, and $1,500 for scholarships from the Lima chapter of SME, chaired by Roger Newhouse.
The 2010-2011 officers for the combined ONU chapters of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME Chapter S186) and Association of Technology, Management & Applied Engineering (ATMAE) are:
· Cory Bryan, chapter chairperson / SME representative
· Joey Bechtel, vice-chairperson and membership chairperson
· Robert Sellers, chapter secretary
· Nathan Evans, treasurer
· Colin Bishop, fundraising chairperson
· Mike Davis, public relations and Website chairperson
· Brian Rudary, scholarships and certification hairperson
· Nick Speckert, service and social activities chairperson
The Society of Manufacturing Engineers is the world's leading professional society advancing manufacturing knowledge and influencing more than half a million manufacturing practitioners annually. SME promotes an increased awareness of manufacturing engineering and keeps manufacturing professionals up to date on leading trends and technologies. SME has members in more than 70 countries and represents manufacturing practitioners across all industries.