Discover [your] True North August 13: Summer Open House to welcome prospective students
Ohio Northern University will host a Summer Open House for prospective students on Aug. 13. Intended for high school students in the class of 2011, this program presents an excellent opportunity to explore Ohio Northern. Participants will have the chance to learn about ONU’s unique blend of quality liberal arts and professional programs as well as the abundant, diverse opportunities available to ONU students.
From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the open house will offer students and their families academic sessions from each of the University’s four undergraduate colleges, a complimentary lunch, campus tours, a financial aid information session for parents, and a panel session comprised of current ONU students for prospective students.
Registration for the open house ends on Aug. 6. For more information, please visit.
Art & Design Programs of Study:
• Advertising Design
• Art Education
• Graphic Design
• Studio Arts (with a 2D concentration)
• Studio Arts (with a 3D concentration)
• Minor in Art
And beginning in 2011:
• Studio Arts (with a pre-art therapy option)
• Minor in Design
Our Evidence of Excellence:
The Ohio Northern community is committed to the pursuit of excellence and welcomes applicants who have the same high standards and ambitions. Our department maintains a selective admission policy, accounting for a student body that is enthusiastic about our programs of study.
• The department of art & design is named as one of the top programs in the nation for creative students in Creative Colleges: A Guide for Student Actors, Artists, Dancers, Musicians and Writers (2nd edition).
• The university is ranked No. 2 among baccalaureate colleges in the Midwest in U.S. News & World Report, Best Colleges in America and included in the “Great Schools, Great Prices” category (2010).
• ONU is one of the Best 371 Colleges, Princeton Review (2010).
• Ohio Northern is among the top 100 private four-year colleges and small universities in Peterson’s Competitive College Guide (2009).
• Ohio Northern is named in Colleges of Distinction (2009); a guide profiling America’s most distinguished teaching-centered colleges and universities.
• Ohio Northern is among the top 10 colleges and universities in Ohio (About.com, 2010).
The 2010–11 academic year marks the 50th anniversary of the Bachelor of Arts degree in art at Ohio Northern University. Growing from a single-discipline school, the department offers both the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees with majors in advertising design, art education, graphic design and studio arts with concentrations in two-dimensions, three-dimensions and art therapy. The department of A&D holds memberships in national organizations such as the National Art Education Association, College Art Association, Foundations in Art: Theory and Education and the National Council on Education of Ceramic Arts. The department is also recognized in the second edition of “Creative Colleges: A Guide for Student Actors, Artists, Dancers, Musicians and Writers” as one of the best creative programs nationwide. For additional information about the department of art & design or the University’s 2010-11 Arts Exhibition Season, contact the department at 419.772.2160.