Immunization Training / CE
Certificate of Achievement:
To become eligible to receive a Certificate of Achievement for this program and to meet Ohio State Board of Pharmacy criteria, participants must:
- Complete the home study program with a passing grade of at least 80%
- Attend live training session
- Show proof of current certification in CPR; if not yet certified, CPR training will be held Monday, August 30, from 6 pm-9pm.
To receive CE Credit for the live training session, you must complete the CE and evaluation form and return to the ONU staff or CE office. Your statement of credit will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks. The home study course must be completed before the live session. The Certificate of Achievement for this program cannot be generated until all portions of the program are complete.
Dr. Karen L. Kier, PhD, BCPS, Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, ONU
Dr. Kim Broedel-Zaugg, PhD., Professor of Pharmacy Practice, ONU
- Describe the immune system including types of antigens, type of immunity and the immune system reaction to immunizations;
- List the disease states and types of immunity associated with diphtheria, hepatitis A and hepatitis B, influenza, meningococcal, pertussis, pneumococcal, tetanus immunizations;
- Identify the appropriate administration schedules, route of administration, injection sites, dosages, precautions and contraindications, proper storage requirements, appropriate patient populations, and appropriate monitoring and treatment of the patient for adverse reactions for each of these immunizations, diphenhydramine and epinephrine.
- Demonstrate proper sterile techniques in preparation and administration of injectable and intranasal dosage forms.
- Explain the proper disposal procedures for contaminated needles and immunizations, and the proper procedures for accidental needle sticks.
- Describe requirements for recordkeeping and protocols as outlined by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
Ohio Northern University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Please allow 4-6 weeks for Statements of Credit to be issued. This application based activity is targeted to pharmacists in all practice settings.
Summer CE Brochure
Send registration & payment to:
Ohio Northern University
Raabe College of Pharmacy
525 S. Main St.
Ada, OH 45810
Or fax to: