Information Regarding Rotation Objectives
The rotation objectives described for each rotation are intended to aid the preceptor in developing an activity list for the student and in evaluating the student's performance at the end of the rotation. Additionally, the objectives are intended to guide the student in preparation for the rotation and guide the student's learning during the rotation
- Each preceptor is encouraged to develop his/her own rotation objectives, which will provide more in-depth objectives than those listed for each rotation.
- If a preceptor wishes to develop his/her own objectives, a copy of the syllabus must be approved and available in the office of experiential education at Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy prior to the acceptance of students on rotations.
Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Curriculum
A student is required complete nine (9) one-month-long rotations as follows:
- General or Internal Medicine
- Ambulatory Care
- Community Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Pediatrics or Critical Care (any specialty within Pediatrics or Critical Care fulfill this requirement)
- Geriatrics (or LTC or an additional Gen Med or Am Care)
b. Three (3) elective rotations from the following list:
- A student may only complete one NPC elective.
In general, a student cannot repeat a rotation type. Exceptions may be approved by the OEE.