Barbie Tate ‘07
Hometown: North Kingsville, OH
Majors: Communication arts/public relations with marketing minor
Internships: Two public relations agency internships--Fahlgren Mortine in Columbus and Ketchum Public Relations in NYC.
Most influential person: Dr. Steve Iseman (Chair, Department of Communication
Arts). He is a great educator and mentor. He has the ability to listen and ask a few key questions that always lead you to figure out the problem on your own. He also works hard to ensure that his students have opportunities to supplement their education and see the world outside of the classroom.
Academic Achievements (highlights):
- Omicron Delta Kappa (leadership/scholarship honorary)
- Lambda Pi Eta (communications honorary)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (political science honorary)
- Mortar Board
- PRSSA Betsy Plank Scholarship
Professional aspirations: I really enjoyed working with corporate and technology clients at Ketchum so I want to continue to work hard, be challenged and make a name for myself. I also want to earn APR designation and attend graduate school.
Favorite Place on Campus: The Tundra in the spring.
- PRSSA chapter president, President’s award,
- Delta Zeta, campus leadership award
- College of Arts & Sciences Student Advisory Board
- Peer Career Assistant for the Office of Career Services