Campus mail is a receiving and delivery service provided by the Mail Center at Ohio Northern University for all University departments, student organizations and ONU students for the purpose of conducting University business. Use of campus package delivery services to departments, faculty and staff for the purpose of delivering personal items is strictly prohibited. However, personal shipments can be received at the ONU Mail Center by the recipient.Addressing Guidelines for Campus Mail
- No postage is necessary for mail remaining on campus.
- All items being sent through the campus mail must display the sender and recipients name and department. Items are not to be addressed to a building or any other name other than the name of the department and/or recipient. All items not properly addressed will be returned to the sending department.
- Interoffice envelopes must have the recipient name and department written on the envelope. Any items not addressed properly may delay a timely delivery.
- All campus mail items received during the 1:00 p.m. campus mail pick up and delivery, will be delivered on the following business day.
- ONU Mail Center employees are not permitted to accept money for personal stamps while conducting mail deliveries.
- Items being sent through campus mail without an inner office envelope must be documented as “CAMPUS MAIL”. Campus mail hand stamps are available in the Mail Center at ONU for a charge of $10.00. Charges for hand stamps will be applied to the requesting departments’ postage account.
- All campus mail must be separated from the off campus mail prior to being received by the ONU Mail Center employee.
- Any ONU faculty, staff or student may send a campus-wide mailing without individually addressing each item. The sender must specify if the items being sent are intended for faculty and staff in every department, all students or both. Please contact Bill Kent at the Mail Center at ONU for current quantities needed.
- All mailings must pertain to the business of Ohio Northern University. Sources outside of the University are prohibited from any advertising as stated in the ONU Administrative Policy & Procedure Manual.
- Any student/student group may send mass mailings to all students. Students will be permitted to enter the Mail Center to place the information in each unit box with the pre-approval of the Mail Center Manager.
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.