Information & Facilities
551-seat capacity. Special wheelchair-accessible areas and seats are located on two levels in the Biggs Theatre.
Stambaugh Studio Theatre
34 seats per section for a total of 136-seat maximum occupancy.
There are three paved parking lots within a short walk. Passengers may be let out under the canopy.
Services for Patrons with Disabilities
The Freed Center is completely wheelchair accessible. Special wheelchair-accessible areas and seats are located on two levels in the Biggs Theatre. When ordering tickets, please let the box office know of any needs.
Special parking, cutdown curbs, and restroom access make the center convenient for everyone. Call the box office ahead of time and special arrangements will be made for your seating.
Cameras and Recording Devices
The use of recording equipment and the taking of photographs during a performance is strictly prohibited by law.
The exit indicated by an exit sign nearest your seat is the shortest route to the outside. In the event of a fire or other emergency, please walk, not run, to that exit.
Groups of 10 or more are eligible to receive discounts to many of the events listed. Call the box office at 419-772-1900.
Feel free to visit The Inn at Ohio Northern University for dinner or appetizers before the show. Call 419-772-2500 for more information.
Tickets may be ordered over the phone with a MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover card. A senior discount is available for those 62 and older. A $3 handling charge is applied to all regular ticket orders.
Ticket Exchange Policy
We are happy to offer our patron's ticket exchange privileges subject to the following:
- Tickets may be exchanged for any performance up until 48 hours prior to the performance for which you hold tickets depending upon availability.
- You may exchange for the same show, or for another show. However, the box office cannot reimburse if the exchange is for a ticket to a lower priced event.
- There is a $3 per ticket exchange fee. Tickets being exchanged must be returned to the box office.
Freed Center members receive complimentary ticket exchange.
Lost Tickets Policy
We are happy to replace lost or misplaced tickets at $1 each. Call the box office at 419-772-1900.
Freed Center members receive complimentary ticket replacement.
- Cellular phones and beepers should be turned off during performances. Patrons who need to be contacted in an emergency may leave the number 419-772-1900 with their call services. Be sure to leave your name and seat number at the box office.
- Most productions are meant for children 10 and up. We urge you to leave small children at home. Please, no babies in arms.
- Some shows are restricted. It is strongly suggested that no one under the ages stated in the event descriptions attend.
The house manager may seat latecomers only during times which minimize disruption of a performance. In some cases there will be no seating until intermission. The management accepts no responsibility for inconvenience to latecomers and can make no adjustment because of it.
The Freed Center is located on the beautiful campus of Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio on S.R. 235, halfway between routes 30 and 309. It is 75 miles north of Dayton, 75 miles south of Toledo, and 85 miles northwest of Columbus. For more detail, see the ONU Maps & Directions page.
Freed Center Box Office419-772-1900
Performing Arts Center
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.