Dr. Louis DiBerardino
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Department
Biggs Engineering 140
525 S. Main Street
Ada, OH 45810
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH. 2014-present
- Instructor/Graduate Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL. 2006-2014
- Intern, JohnsonDiversey (now Diversey Inc.), Racine, WI. Summers 2004-2006
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL. 2014
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL. 2008
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL. 2008
- Biomechanical Engineering courses
- Dynamic Systems 1
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Engineering courses
- P&G Fund - Higher Education Grant Program, "Biomechanics Measurements Using Wireless Accelerometers," $9700. Awarded January 2016.
- ONU Summer Research Stipend, "Real-Time Adaptations to Changes in Ankle Stiffness During Gait," $6500. Awarded June 2015.
- UIUC Campus Research Board Research Support Award.
- MechSE (UIUC) Departmental Teaching Fellowship.
- UIUC List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by their Students.
- Biomechanics and control of human movement
- Dynamic systems analysis
- DiBerardino III, L.A. & Dankowicz, H., 2013. “Accounting for nonlinearities in open-loop protocols for symmetry fault compensation.” Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, in press.
- DiBerardino III, L.A., Ragetly, C.A., Hong, S., Griffon, D.J. & Hsiao-Wecksler, E.T., 2012. “Improving regions of deviation gait symmetry analysis with point-wise t-tests.” Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 28 (2), 210-14.
- DiBerardino III, L.A., Polk, J.D., Rosengren, K.S., Spencer-Smith, J.B. & Hsiao-Wecksler, E.T., 2010. “Quantifying complexity and variability in phase portraits of gait.” Clinical Biomechanics, 25 (6), 552-6.
- Rosengren, K.S., Deconinck, F.J.A., DiBerardino III, L.A., Polk, J.D., Spencer-Smith, J., Lenoir, M. & De Clercq, D., 2009. “Differences in gait complexity and variability between children with and without developmental coordination disorder.” Gait & Posture, 29 (2), 225-9.
- Polk, J.D., Spencer-Smith, J., DiBerardino, L., Ellis, D.*, Downen, M.* & Rosengren, K.S., 2008. “Quantifying variability in phase portraits: Application to gait ontogeny.” Infant Behavior and Development, 31, 302-6.
College of Engineering
Lori GoldsmithExecutive Administrative Assistant
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
8 a.m.-5 p.m.Tuesday:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.Wednesday:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.Thursday:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.Friday:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.Saturday: