Areas of Study
No matter what type of engineer or computer scientist you want to be in the future, we’ll help you become an amazing one. And if you’re not yet sure which specific engineering field you would like to pursue, why not spend your first year in our engineering exploratory program discovering all of your options? Our academic programs are rigorous and innovative. They delve deep into the basic engineering principles, giving you a solid foundation to build on. Time and time again, employers and graduate schools tell us that our graduates are some of the best prepared engineers and computer scientists they’ve ever encountered.
At the T.J. Smull College of Engineering you can choose to major in:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Education
- Mechanical Engineering
Cooperative education is a plan of educational development designed to integrate classroom studies with planned and supervised paid work experiences.
The T.J. Smull College of Engineering boasts four concentrations. Students may choose from the following as detailed by major:
- Advanced Energy (available to computer, electrical, and mechanical engineering majors)
- Aerospace Engineering (available to mechanical engineering majors)
- Bioengineering (available to computer, electrical and mechanical engineering majors)
- Environmental Engineering (available to civil engineering majors)
- Robotics (available to computer, electrical and mechanical engineering majors, and computer science majors)
Lori GoldsmithExecutive Administrative Assistant
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.