About the College
To engage students through personal relationships and high-impact educational experiences to maximize their success
Our Core Values
Personal Relationships – we foster the development of strong relationships between students, faculty, staff and alumni.
Engagement – we engage everyone in the educational process through distinctive curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Opportunity – we provide unique educational opportunities that fully develop individuals into practicing engineers and computer scientists.
Development and Success of Individuals – we seek to help each individual achieve success in pursuit of their personal and professional goals.
Experiential, hands-on learning. Small, intimate classes. Dedicated, accessible professors. World-class, top-ranked instruction. These are just a few attributes that define the Ohio Northern University College of Engineering.
Without question, engineering is an area of study that’s easy to get excited about. From state-of-the-art computer microchips, medical equipment and MP3 players, to skyscrapers and safer drinking water, to power generators and pollution control, engineering solves a lot of the world’s challenges and transforms our daily lives.
Ours is a unique academic experience and it starts with a university-wide focus on relationships, individual development, and guaranteed personal attention that truly sets our private college apart.
Our focus in the college of engineering is on teaching, not research, and bringing the game changing nature of engineering to life, wouldn’t be possible without our passionate, dedicated professors that love teaching engineering and computer science. There is nothing more important to our professors than the success of their students in our programs.
ABET accreditation is a measure of quality and an official seal of approval of our programs by a non-profit, non-government organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
It means that a team of highly skilled professionals from industry, academia and government scrutinized every aspect of our programs— curriculum, faculty, facilities and more—to ensure we meet high standards.
It signifies that our engineering programs are capable of producing graduates who are ready to lead the way in innovation and emerging technology.
Our bachelor’s degree programs in civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering were all re-accredited by ABET in 2015. Our bachelor’s degree program in computer science was re-accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. And our engineering education program became the first program in the nation with this name and unique academic offering to receive accreditation by ABET.
2017 Freshman Profile
- Average ACT Composite: 26.4
- Average ACT Math: 27.6
- 56% in top 25% of High School class
- 16% in upper 10% of High School class
- 16 acceptable units of high school work.
- For engineering majors (10 of the 16 are): 4 units of English, 4 units in Mathematics (2 units of Algebra, 1 unit of Geometry, at least 0.5 unit in Trigonometry or equivalent), 2 units in Science (1 unit of Physics, 1 unit of Chemistry - preferred).
- For computer science majors (14 of the 16 are): 4 units of English, 4 units in Mathematics (2 units of Algebra, 1 unit of Geometry, at least 0.5 unit in Trigonometry or equivalent), 6 units (in any combination) of history, social studies, languages or natural sciences.
Fall 2017 Engineering Enrollment - 452 Students
- Civil Engineering - 94 students
- Computer Engineering - 31 students
- Computer Science - 43 students
- Electrical Engineering - 44 students
- Engineering Education - 8 students
- Mechanical Engineering - 226 students
- Engineering Exploratory (undeclared engineering) - 6 students
2016-17 Graduates - 96 students
- Civil Engineering - 18 students
- Computer Engineering - 7 students
- Computer Science - 6 students
- Electrical Engineering - 12 students
- Engineering Education - 1 students
- Mechanical Engineering - 52 students
Lori GoldsmithExecutive Administrative Assistant
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810