Welcome to Educational Technology! This is meant to be a resource site for Ohio Northern University faculty and staff who are actively pursuing the use of technology in teaching and learning.
CHANGE IS COMING!
SNAP - The New Moodle Theme
We are so thrilled to provide you with a preview of an upcoming Moodle update. On May 17, 2019, all ONU Moodle courses will be converted to the Snap theme.
Reasons for converting to Snap include:
- Support for the current theme will end July 2019
- Using Snap will not impact the functionality of Moodle
- Faculty still have the same editing and content options as before
- Snap theme is more visually appealing
- More compatible across multiple devices
- Students using the Moodle mobile app will find Moodle easier to navigate
- Features available from a desktop will work seamlessly no matter what device a student is using
- Students do not have to scroll through the content of an entire course
- Course navigation appearing at the top allows students to navigate from topic to topic
- Administration blocks for a course are hidden
- Instructors can add banner photo to the top of each course for customization
Watch previews of Snap:
- What is Snap? https://youtu.be/khzzHiNykK0
- User Tour https://youtu.be/5Qq_Rmr6pKQ
The Office of Educational Technology will have a series of workshops on Snap starting during the fall 2018 semester. Schedules will be announced on this website and by email.
MOODLE COURSE REQUEST PROCESS
The Moodle Course Request process permits instructors to select and create only those course(s) that they prefer to offer through Moodle.
To create your Moodle course:
1. Open a browser of your choice (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE).
2. Type, copy or click on this link: https://delta.onu.edu/course/.
3. Enter your Username and Password.
4. Click LOGIN. The page that opens will list your semester courses with a tab titled Create this Course in Moodle
5. Click on the Create this Course in Moodle tab
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the educational technology staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Joseph Blankson, PhD
Educational Technology Manager
Biggs Engineering 117
Pharmacy Instructional Designer and Technologist
Instructional Designer and Technologist
Biggs Engineering 117