You are here
Child Development Center
- Arts and Crafts
- Block Building
- Computer Play
- Dramatic Play
- Free Time
- Group Time
- Language Arts
- Outdoor Play
- Snack Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Preschool: Full-day and half-day preschool available
Our purpose at Ohio Northern University Child Development Center is to provide the university students, the community of Ada, and the surrounding areas a model of exceptional childcare and education for children. The child development center will create collaboration amongst the care and education that is facilitated at the center and the opportunity for students to observe and participate in the child’s learning experiences. The center takes pride in our highly educated teachers and thoroughly trained staff. The child development center also strives for a safe and positive environment that captures a child’s optimal learning capabilities and interests through exploratory opportunities.
The CDC is licensed by the State of Ohio and enrollment is open to any 3 to 5 year old children from Ada and the surrounding communities.
Our philosophy includes the following :
- That each child is a unique individual with specific gifts and talents
- That the needs of the whole child must be considered and nurtured when planning any activity or environment for young children.
- That parents are the primary educators of their children and that we serve to support the family in is child-rearing role.
- That children must be nurtured and respected as they go about their everyday role of work through play.
- We acknowledge that growth during the early years is uneven and that each child learns at his/her own pace. As such, developmentally appropriate curriculum is planned to meet the needs of each child.
- Hands on experience for young children are the best teachers. Emphasis is on learning by doing, rather than by being told.
- At all times the health, welfare and happiness of the child and family must be respected.
For information regarding cost and registration, please contact:
June Zimmerman, Director