Project Request and Lead Times
One important goal for our Communications & Marketing team is to improve planning, response and lead times across campus. Establishing a process with lead-time requirements for publications, website updates, photography, media, digital communications, etc., helps us get there. Process and procedure help everyone to avoid last-minute scrambles, which only increase the probability for mistakes, missed deadlines and not communicating effectively with your audience. This process also allows C&M to put together comprehensive timelines for the entire year to improve our planning efforts and to take advantage of every marketing opportunity we can.
All requests for Communications & Marketing time and expertise now requires a Project Request Form. It's easy. Fill in your information for each project and/or event. There are sections for print, media, photography/video, and website update needs. Select your account executive and the form is submitted both to you and your AE.
In order to assist in your planning cycle, C&M has established a lead-time matrix. Lead times listed below will be strictly followed. Plan accordingly to provide materials required for projects within the lead time listed. Projects submitted outside the provided lead times will not be approved by C&M. Branded templates will be provided for you to complete your task.
All lead times are given in WEEKS by working days ONLY. Does not include holidays.
|MATERIALS||No Printing Required||With In-House Printing|
|Project||Content is provided and only proofing is needed||All info is given, but writing is required||Research and writing from C&M are required||Content is provided and only proofing is needed||All info is given, but writing is required||Research and writing from C&M are required|
|Campaign - with multiple tactics (email, poster, postcard, invite, etc.)||6||7||8||7.5||8.5||9.5|
|Postcard - Mailed||3||4||5||4.5||5.5||6.5|
|Postcard - No Mail||3||4||5||4||5||6|
|Power Point Creation||3||4||5||n/a|
|Print Ad/Banner Ad||3||4||5||n/a|
|Program - 1 page, no bindery||4||4.5||5||5||5.5||6|
|Program - multi-page w/bindery||4||4.5||5||6||6.5||7|
|Special Edition Publications||n/a||n/a||20||n/a||n/a||23|
|Tri-Fold Brochure - Mail||4||4.5||5.5||5.5||6||7|
|Tri-Fold Brochure - No Mail||4||4.5||5.5||5||5.5||6|
|Web Page Creation||3||4||5||n/a|
- For projects where interviews are required, contact C&M for lead time.
- If what you are looking for is not included, contact C&M.
- Printing is in-house only. For offsite printing, add 1.5 weeks for delivery.
- Please note: If your project involves mailing the finished product, the lead time above ends on the date you want them mailed, not the date they will be received or the date of the event, so please make sure you plan accordingly.
- Large print quantities may affect lead time.
- Submitted projects that do not adhere to these lead time requirements will be given a new completion date based on the lead time requirements. If we have resources available to complete the project early to meet your original requested deadline, we will do so.
- Lead times are based on two rounds of proofing ONLY. During the first round, we expect all stakeholders to weigh in and make changes. The second round is for final approval. Additional rounds of changes will affect the deadline.
Here are guidelines for requesting a photographer. However, we recommend contacting us 2-3 weeks in advance to better ensure availability
|On campus, M-F between 8 and 5||3 days notice|
|Off campus, M-F between 8 and 5||2 weeks notice|
|Weekend Event||3 weeks notice|
|After Hours Event||3 weeks notice|
|Large Events||3 weeks notice|
|Photos needed for Social Media||Will be provided within 24-48 hours after shoot|
For all video timeframes, contact your C&M account exec
ARTICLES AND WEB STORY REQUESTS
Contact your C&M account executive.
Lehr Memorial: 304
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.