ALL recent graduates are asked to notify the Office of Polar Careers during spring semester of your graduating year about your career status regardless of whether you have or have not accepted a placement. This allows us to continue to provide support to you until November after your graduation date. At that time, if you wish to retain your active status with Polar Careers, request Active Alumni Services.
After spring semester, if you have not yet accepted a placement, please notify the Polar Careers Office when you DO accept an opportunity.
As an Ohio Northern alumnus, you are entitled to the same career advisory services that students receive for life.
- Meet with a professional advisor either in person, by phone or via email.
- Post your résumé in Polar Careers powered by Symplicity for ONU employers to see and to search for jobs. Use CareerShift (under Polar Careers powered by Symplicity ) to search for jobs.
- Attend career fairs. (Find details under Student Services or Events & Programs/Calendar .)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Full name (include maiden name if applicable)
- Current address
- Cell number
- Graduation date
Activation gives you access to any of our services for free; services remain active for six months and are renewable with email notification. You will receive an email when your services have been activated. To access Polar Careers powered by Symplicity , click on the Polar Career Icon on this page.
Use the links and information below to learn how to utilize this wonderful networking tool!
- Join ONU LinkedIn Groups! Here are a few:
- Polar Careers at Ohio Northern University
- Ohio Northern University Alumni
- Ohio Northern University James F. Dicke College of Business Administration
- Ohio Northern University T.J. Smull College of Engineering
- Ohio Northern University Black Student Union
- Phi Kappa Theta - Ohio Zeta Chapter, Ohio Northern University
- Ohio Northern University Public Relations Alumni
- Ohio Northern University Health Care Business Professionals
- Follow company pages too, including Ohio Northern University
How You Can Help ONU's Students and the Polar Careers Office
- Mentor current students
- Participate in mock interviews
- Encourage your organization to attend ONU career fairs and conduct on-campus recruiting
- Let us know about open positions within your organization
- Network with us so you can refer ONU students for positions within your organization (You may be able to receive referral fees from your employer)
McIntosh: Room 220
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.