Beta Alpha Psi: Mu Delta Chapter
Be you, so we can be us!
Accounting is the language of the practical business life
Aug. 30 – Meet the Firms Night
2018-19 Leadership Team
|VP Finance||Matthew Eilolafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Membership||Don Chapmanemail@example.com|
|VP Reporting||Lyndsey Schwartzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP of Prof. Activities||Martrina Parksemail@example.com|
|VP Fundraising||Matthew Laudicofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP VITA||McKenna Hostetleremail@example.com|
|VP Social/Regional/National||Josh Couchmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Service||Austin Jensenemail@example.com|
|VP Public Relations||Kelleigh Pierfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Alumni Relations||Sean Gradyemail@example.com|
The Mu Delta chapter of Beta Alpha Psi chapter provides its membership with opportunities to enrich their accounting knowledge and challenge their thinking. A high level of participation by all members at chapter events is critical to the chapter’s success. Members are expected to interact with speakers and attend events. We constantly amend our local bylaws to provide incentives for achieving service goals and hours.
Beta Alpha Psi was founded in 1919 at the University of Illinois. More than 300,000 members have been initiated worldwide into Beta Alpha Psi. The Mu Delta chapter was established on Oct. 28, 2008. Currently, there are more than 300 chapters around the world.
Selection of new members:
- At least 45 college semester credit hours
- Must be an accounting, finance (major or minor) or pharmaceutical business major with an accounting concentration, or MSA candidate
- One upper-level accounting (ACCT) or finance (FINC) course
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.0
- Good moral character
The Mu Delta chapter holds its members to high standards by setting professional and service requirements.
- Total hours: 32 hours per year (16 per semester)
- Professional hours: 12 per year (six per semester, with no more than five hours being from non-BAΨ events for the whole year)
- Service hours: 12 per year (six per semester, with no more than five hours being from non-BAΨ events for the whole year)
- Additional hours: eight per year (these can be from other BAΨ event throughout the year)
- Participation in the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program during the spring semester
- Maintaining cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.0
- Meet the Firms Night (MTFN) is a career fair especially for accounting majors/minors/concentrations organized by Beta Alpha Psi. MTFN provides an opportunity for students to learn more about the firms that hire our students and about future career opportunities.
- Tutoring is an opportunity for students in the principles classes to receive both one-on-one and group tutoring from an upperclassman Beta Alpha Psi member.
- Financial Education Teaches Children Healthy Habits (FETCH) is an interactive board game that teaches elementary age children about the importance of budgeting, saving and spending.
- Variety of speakers from different areas in finance and accounting services to speak on a wide variety of public accounting and industry related topics. Past speakers have included Ernst and Young, Internal Revenue Service, Marathon Petroleum, Fossil, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- VITA program to provide free tax preparation services to qualified taxpayers.
Register for Beta Alpha Psi Meet the Firms Night:
BAΨ invites you to participate in its third annual Meet the Firms Night. This event will give you and your firm the opportunity to network and create relationships with some of the best and brightest accounting and finance students at Ohio Northern University. Tentative date: Aug. 30, 2018.
- National Superior Chapter for the 2013-14 year.
- National Superior Chapter for the 2016-17 year.
Sharon RauschExecutive Administrative Assistant
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810