Many highly acclaimed national and international professional actors, directors, playwrights, choreographers, scenic and lighting designers collaborate annually at ONU. The artists also teach master classes so that every student has the opportunity to learn from them. Many students have gained internships or full time employment by working with the guest artists while they were in residence here. The list of guest artists includes the following:
- Jennifer Werner: Associate Director and Choreographer (Book of Mormon)
- Sean McKnight: NYC Director and Choreographer
- Brandon Ivie: Director and Dramaturge of The 5thAvenue Theatre
- Joe Iconis: American Musical Theatre Writer (The Black Suits and Things to Ruin)
- John Bucchino: NYC Cabaret Songwriter
- Robert Perry: NYC Lighting Designer
- Joe Tilford: Scene Designer and Dean of the School of Design & Production at North Carolina School of the Arts
- Paul Weimer: NYC Set Designer and First Assistant to the Scenic Designer of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera
- Vello Laanemaa and Kai Vaarandi: Estonian Scene Designers and Silk Artists
- Julie Cartier: Chicago Choreographer and Co-Artistic Director for Especially Tap Chicago
- Norb Joerder: NYC Director/Choreographer and Director for Camelot with Robert Goulet (Broadway and National Tour)
- Michael Unger: NYC Director
- Priit Raud: Estonian Choreographer and Head of the Estonian Dance Center
- Ken Alexander: Scottish Director and Artistic Director of the Royal Court in Liverpool, UK
- Mary-Mitchell Campbell: Broadway Music Director and Supervisor, Vocal Coach, and Orchestrator (Beauty & the Beast, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and Company)
- Gavin Creel: Broadway and Screen Actor (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Mary Poppins, La Cage aux Folles, Eloise at the Plaza, and Eloise at Christmastime, The Book of Mormon)
- Phil Reno: Broadway Conductor, Music Director and Arranger (The Producers, The Drowsy Chaperone, Thou Shalt Not, Cats, Dame Edna: Back with a Vengeance)
- Victoria Clark: Tony Award Winning Actress, Director, and Screen Actor (The Light in the Piazza, Titanic, Sunday in the Park With George, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Guys and Dolls, Urinetown, Cabaret, Bye, Bye Birdie, The Cradle Will Rock, The Happening, Sister Act, Cinderella)
- Matthew Edwards: Pop/Rock Specialist for Shenandoah Conservatory's Musical Theatre program
Freed Center for the Performing Arts 125
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.