BSN Admission Criteria and Procedures:
To begin the admission process students must submit an application to the University, ACT or SAT scores and an official transcript sent from the high school(s) of graduation, or GED scores. Applicants are processed when test scores, transcripts, and the application materials have been received. On the application, students should list Nursing as their area of interest. Measures of academic performance (GPA, class rank, standardized tests), recommendations, participation in community and extra-curricular activity, hobbies, interests, honors, awards, and a personal statement are considered.
Special Program Requirements
Ohio Northern believes that certain functional abilities and performance standards are necessary for the safe practice of professional nursing.
- "A Student shall not have impairment of the ability to practie according to acceptable and prevailing standards of safe nursing care because of physical or mental disability" (ORC Rule 4723-5-12 (16)
- The ability to see, hear, touch, smell, and distinguish colors
- The ability to speak and write with accuracy, clarity, and efficiency
- Manual dexterity (gross and fine movement)
- The ability to learn, think critically, analyze, assess, solve problems, and reach judgments
- Emotional stability and the ability to accept responsibility and accountability
Students will need to demonstrate satisfactory application of these functions and competencies during their course of study in nursing. Students should consider their ability to demonstrate these functions and competencies when applying for admission to the nursing program of Ohio Northern University.
Students must earn a grade of ‘C’ or higher in all nursing core courses and all other identified required courses outside of the major.
Criteria for Admission to the Pre-Licensure BSN Nursing Program:
- Meet the general admission requirements of Ohio Northern University
- Graduation from an accredited high school program with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.30 on a scale of 4.00 or higher (or GED)
- Minimum ACT score of 23 or a composite SAT score of 1070
- Criminal background check is required before clinical nursing courses
- Students must have graduated with a pre-licensure nursing degree from an accredited college, university, or diploma program (i.e. Associate RN degree or a Diploma degree program)
- Students must have an accumulative grade point average of at least 2.50
- Students must have a current and unrestricted Ohio RN license
Each applicant must submit an RN-BSN application, ONU Financial Aid Form, Informational Form, Computer Account Agreement, and $30.00 application fee. All academic transcripts must be submitted to ONU directly from the institution before admission.
Completion Program Requirements
Students must attain a grade of ‘C’ or higher in all nursing core courses and all other identified required courses outside of the major
For questions about the RN to BSN completion program, or to set up an appointment to meet with the coordinator, please contact Melissa Verb at email@example.com or 419-772-2534.
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.