Curricular Plan -- International Scholar Transition Program
The International Scholar Transition Program is a two semester course of study (3 semesters maximum permitted) to help students develop the English language skills needed in the demanding ONU classrooms and degree programs. ISTP students are fully admitted to their degree program and all credits earned in ISTP count toward university graduation. Students may be admitted to the ISTP, may choose to take classes in the ISTP, or if exchange students, may be directed to take ISTP courses the first semester of the exchange. (Voluntary and Exchange students are not required to take either the ENGL or designated academic courses listed.)
Students admitted to the ISTP may enter in the fall or spring and complete the program the following semester. To move through the program and into full studies in the major, students must:
- Pass all classes (ISTP and non-ISTP) with a C (2.0) or better grade.
- Maintain a Grade Point Average of 2.0 each semester
- Complete the program with a 500 score on the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) or 61 on iBT. All sub scores must be in a similar range to the passing score.
Progress through the International Scholar Transition Program
(January - May)
Students must pass every class with a grade of C (2.0) or better to move to the following semester. ISTP and ENGL courses with a grade below C (2.0) must be repeated.
To complete the International Scholar Transition Program successfully, students must:
- Complete all course work with a grade of C (2.0) or better.
- Maintain a 2.0 average for each semester
- Pass the TOEFL (Institutional TOEFL) with a score of 500, with all subscores in a similar range. (Similar scores from other recognized tests is acceptable)
Upon completion of the International Scholar Transition Program, students study fully in the degree major they have chosen.
Dukes Memorial 228
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.