Biology, Environmental Studies, Forensic Biology, & Molecular Biology
Graduates will be able to:
- Competently use the scientific method in solving a biological question
- Demonstrate mastery of the most common and important biological concepts, principles and skills
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts in written and(or) oral format
Medical Laboratory Science
Graduates of the West Central Ohio Clinical Laboratory Science Program will be able to:
- Competently perform a full range of testing in the clinical laboratory encompassing the areas of but not limited to blood banking, clinical chemistry, hematology and coagulation, clinical microbiology including virology, mycology and parasitology, clinical immunology, and molecular diagnostics.
- Actively participate in the implementation and evaluation of test methods.
- Comply with and promote applicable regulations, professional development and quality improvement wherever lab testing is researched, developed or performed.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge, skills and possession of relevant experiences in:
- Communications to enable consultative interactions with members of healthcare teams, external relations, customer service and patient education
- Clinical laboratory finance, operations, marketing and human resource management to enable cost-effective, high-quality, value-added laboratory services
- Information technology to enable effective, timely, accurate and cost-effective reporting of laboratory-generated information
- Research design and practice sufficient to evaluate published studies as an informed consumer
Department of Biological & Allied Health Sciences
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
8 a.m.-12 p.m. , 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.Tuesday:
8 a.m.-12 p.m. , 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.Wednesday:
8 a.m.-12 p.m. , 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.Thursday:
8 a.m.-12 p.m. , 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.Friday:
8 a.m.-12 p.m. , 1 p.m.-4:30 p.m.Saturday: