International Scholarships and Awards
I. Regular Academic Programs
The following scholarships and awards are designed to attract and retain international students with exceptional academic qualifications to Ohio Northern University. Scholarships are awarded at the time of admission to full-time students and are renewable for each academic year of study.
Students must apply for admission, provide all required documentation for admission and be accepted to the University to be eligible for scholarships. Final awards are coordinated with any other University grants and scholarships that international students are qualified to receive. Scholarships or awards granted to students in the six-year Doctor of Pharmacy degree program are renewable for six years.
While the ACT or SAT are not required for international students for admission to the University, SAT or ACT scores are used for determining Dean’s Scholarships or Awards amounts.
Dean’s Global Scholarship
Award Range: starting at $17,000, renewable
Minimum qualifications: Secondary-School GPA equivalent to 3.2 and above
Dean’s Distinction Scholarship
Award Range: $13,000 - $16,500 renewable
Minimum qualifications: Secondary School GPA equivalent to 2.5 and above,
Talent Awards - Starting at $2,000
- Award Range: Starting at $2,000, variable
- Available to international students in art, music or theater who either audition or present their credentials or portfolio to the chair of the department for evaluation. Awards are based on the student’s ability and performance in his or her principal talent medium. Students must major in the area of study for which the talent award is being considered. Actual eligibility amounts will be determined by the Office of Financial Aid and will be coordinated with other institutional aid received by the student.
Visionary Scholarship- $2,000
- An award of $2,000 for international students who have attended U.S. high schools as exchange students, boarding students or because their parents have taken a temporary work position in the USA.
ONU Sibling Award- $1,000
- This award is available to qualified students who have a sibling concurrently attending ONU.
ONU Alumni Award - Starting at $3,000
- A gift award starting at $3,000 per year is available to the dependent sons or daughters of ONU graduates.
Additional considerations: Those involved in determining scholarship and award amounts may additionally take into consideration the student’s TOEFL score, extracurricular activities, recommendations, the student’s written statement, community involvement, leadership activities, and anticipated contribution to the academic setting. Transfer students are also eligible for international-student scholarships and awards.
II. Bridging Program
All students admitted to the Bridging Program will a receive a $17,500 scholarship. This scholarship will be applied toward the tuition for the Bridging Program academic year. Students successfully completing the Bridging Program may be eligible for the academic scholarships as indicated above.