You are here
When borrowing for the cost of education, there are a variety of loan options to consider. The following information describes the options available and provides links for completing the necessary documentation.
Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- To learn more, visit studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/subsidized-unsubsidized
- To apply, visit www.studentloans.gov and complete both the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
Direct PLUS Loans (Parents or Graduate Students)
These are loans that a parent (or step-parent) can borrow on behalf of their student. Direct PLUS loans also are available to graduate students to assist with educational expenses.
- To learn more, visit studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/plus
- To apply, visit www.studentloans.gov and complete both the Loan Application and Master Promissory Note
Private Student Loans
These loans are offered through private lenders. Private loans are in the student’s name, but require a cosigner and a credit check of the cosigner to determine eligibility.
- FASTChoice - a list of lenders used most often by ONU students
- Ohio Private Loan Marketplace – allows you to compare additional lenders side by side