You are here
Pharmacy Admission Requirements
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Dec. 1
High-school applicants should have a strong background in the sciences and mathematics. Four years of science and four years of math are recommended. High-school physics is recommended but not required. Performance on the ACT or SAT tests, excellent high-school achievement and rank; and the applicant's activities community service profile will all be factors in the admission decision. Visits are encouraged. Selected candidates will be invited to campus for a mandatory interview during January.
College of Pharmacy (0-6)
- A campus visit is highly recommended. You may call the University Admissions Office at 888-408-4668 to schedule a visit and to learn about special visit days.
- Complete the application after August 1 but no later than Dec. 1. This means that the University must receive all required materials by Dec. 1.
- University application
- High-school transcripts
- Aptitude test scores (ACT and/or SAT)
- Letter of recommendation from high school teacher or counselor
- Once your application file is complete, it will be evaluated in the following three categories:
- Aptitude: ACT/SAT test scores
- Achievement: high-school record, transcripts, etc.
- Activities: out-of-classroom interests, including volunteer service and jobs
- After College of Pharmacy evaluation, selected applicants will be invited to campus for a personal interview, which is required for admission consideration. If you are not invited, you will be notified that you will not receive further consideration for pharmacy admission.
- Interviews and writing evaluation will take place in January, and final admission decisions will be mailed in early to mid February.
Questions regarding the pharmacy-admission profile may be directed to:
Kelly Shields, PharmD
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Raabe College of Pharmacy
Ohio Northern University
Ada, Ohio 45810