You are here
Information for Current and Prospective Partnering High Schools
A partnership is established between the high school and University through the College of Arts & Sciences and the specific department related to the chosen course. Each partnering high school will be required to sign a partnership agreement that will be effective for five years. Both the high school and University are expected to abide by the terms agreed upon in the partnership agreement.
Current courses being taught include, but are not limited to:
- College Algebra
- College Trigonometry
- U.S. History
- Introduction to Government
- Introduction to Technology
- Western Civilizations
- Human Biology
- Master’s degree
- In content area or,
- In any area plus graduate credit in the content area or,
- Professional experience in the content field or,
- An acceptable number of years, as determined by Ohio Northern University, teaching the course.
- Application, transcripts and letter of recommendation from high school principal
- Attendance at Spring Workshop to learn and review policies, grade submission and course updates, etc.
Cost of the Program
- $60 per credit hour taken. Most courses are three credit hours; labs are one credit hour.
- There is no fee to apply to the program.
- Sophomore, junior or senior in high school
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum 19 ACT Composite (900 to 930 SAT). For physics and calculus courses there is a minimum score of 23 on the Math or Science ACT (500 Math SAT).
- Recommendation or approval from course instructor (if ACT or SAT score is unavailable).
Application, Registration and Payment
- A completed Dual Enrollment Application, official high school transcript and signed Ohio Northern Computer Account Agreement must be turned in to the Office of Admissions by June 30 to register for the Fall Semester and by Dec. 30 for the Spring Semester.
- Students will have the first two weeks of the course to determine if they are taking the course for college credit.
- Full payment is required at the end of the initial two weeks of the course. Payment should be sent directly to Sharyn Zembower in the College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio Northern University unless alternate arrangements have been made with each high school.
- There will be no refunds after the initial two weeks of the course.
Dropping or Withdrawing from a Course
- Students may drop a course, and not pay the tuition fee, during the first two weeks of the course.
- Tuition is non-refundable after the initial two weeks of the course.
- After the initial two weeks of the course, students may withdraw from the course and receive a “W” on their transcripts.
- A final day for withdrawals will be included in the course syllabus. Students may not withdraw from the course after this date.