Information for Parents and Students
- Sophomore, junior or senior in high school
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum 19 ACT Composite (900 to 930 SAT). For physics and calculus courses, there is a minimum score of 23 on the Math or Science ACT (500 Math SAT).
- Recommendation or approval from course instructor (if ACT or SAT score is unavailable).
Application, Registration and Payment
- A completed Dual Enrollment Application, official high school transcript and signed Ohio Northern Computer Account Agreement must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by June 30 to register for the fall semester and by Dec. 30 for the spring semester.
- Students will have the first two weeks of the course to determine if they are taking the course for college credit.
- Full payment is required at the end of the initial two weeks of the course. Payment should be sent directly to Sharyn Zembower in the College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio Northern University unless alternate arrangements have been made with each high school.
- There will be no refunds after the initial two weeks of the course.
Cost of the Program
- $60 per credit hour taken. Most courses are three credit hours; labs are one credit hour.
- There is no fee to apply to the program.
Dropping or Withdrawing from a Course
- Students may drop a course, and not pay the tuition fee, during the first two weeks of the course.
- Tuition is non-refundable after the initial two weeks of the course.
- After the initial two weeks of the course, students may withdraw from the course and receive a “W” on their transcripts.
- A final day for withdrawals will be included in the course syllabus. Students may not withdraw from the course after this date.
Student IDs and Email Accounts
- Each student will be assigned a University email account and student ID for access to the Heterick Memorial Library, Self-Service Banner portal system and other educational tools.
- Students must sign and return an Ohio Northern Computer Account Agreement before they will be assigned a username and password for the Self-Service Banner portal and University email.
- Final grades will be available to students through the Self-Service Banner portal.
- Incidences of academic misconduct (cheating, plagiarism, copying, etc.) could result in a final grade of F for the course. The high school instructor will determine the action to be taken should an incident of academic misconduct occur.
- Grades will be entered at the end of each semester.
- Grades will be on a four-point grading scale.
- No plus (+) or minus (-) will be used in grading.
- Students must pass the course with a grade of C or better in order to receive Ohio Northern University credit.
- Students failing to achieve a final grade of C or better will not be permitted to enroll in additional dual enrollment classes for the remainder of the academic year.
- Students will be permitted to retake a course in which they attained a grade below C in the following academic year.
Transcripts can be obtained in two ways:
Through the Office of the Registrar
- The completed form must be faxed or mailed. Email requests will not be honored.
Through Self-Service Banner
- Once logged in, click Banner Quick Links for students
- Select “Official Transcript Request”
- You can request up to three transcripts per day