Students registered in one term are able to register for a following term(s). The higher the student's number of earned hours, the closer the student is to graduation, and hence the student has a better opportunity at course selection.
Each student is assigned a starting time to register for the next term based upon the percentage of his or her program which the student has completed
A limited numbers of students are assigned to each registration window so that each student can complete the registration process in a timely manner and can receive needed assistance in the registration process from the staff of the Office of the Registrar.
Students can register beginning at the assigned starting time or at any later time within the published registration dates and hours.
Students can make adjustments to their class schedules within the published registration dates and hours.
When meeting with his or her advisor for academic advising, each student will be provided the assigned registration time period and an ALT_PIN, which is necessary when registering on the Web.
- General Registration Information
- Important Points for Registration
- Student Registration Windows
- Student Registration Error Messages -- what do they mean and what do I do?
- Prerequisites and Restrictions
- Important Points for Add/Drop
- Hint for building a Schedule of Classes
- Instructions for Registering on the Web
The Office of the Controller will place a HOLD on the record of a student with an outstanding balance. A HOLD can prevent:
- Registration for a term
- Release of an ONU transcript
- Release of an ONU diploma at commencement