- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Campus Security
- Controller's Office
- Financial Affairs
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Institutional Research
- Office of Student Affairs
- Physical Plant
- Printing Services
- Registrar's Office
- ONU 2021
You are here
Certain types of expenses SHOULD NOT be incurred and paid out of University funds.
Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Gifts to employees and others. Items of nominal cost, such as official development gifts to potential donors, gifts to students as approved by the dean of students, or public-relations items are exceptions.
- Parties for faculty and staff, such as Christmas, birthdays, Secretary’s Day, etc. Any exceptions must be paid for by the employees.
- Office social functions except for formal course of business, such as planning-day picnics or receptions for terminating employees who have long tenure at the University. All food and beverage requests should be made through ONU Dining Services if possible.
- Daily beverage, pastry or break expenses. Departments may, however, pay for coffee and tea for employee use.
- Christmas and greeting cards except for donor, potential students or vendor relationship and at the discretion of each department chair.
- Flowers for funerals and employee illness.
- The University will purchase and send flowers to the family or funeral home, is appropriate, whenever there is a death in the immediate family of any University employee. Immediate family for purpose of this policy as defined as: legal spouse, children, mother, father, brothers, sisters and parents of a spouse.
- The office of the president will initiate the purchase of flowers when the death involves a faculty member or staff member. The Office of Human Resources will initiate the purchase of flowers when the death involves a support staff member. The office of vice president for student affairs will initiate the purchase of flowers when the death involves a student.
- University funds used to purchase flowers for sick or hospitalized employees will only be initiated by the office of the president.
- All other flowers are a personal expense item for the employee. Flowers for donor or student relationships are appropriate as approved by the respective vice president.
- Entertainment expenses should not be charged to the University except for official donor, parent, or student relations and as approved by the respective vice president. Entertainment costs, as part of a meeting agenda, would be approved. Any such entertainment expense, however, must be modest in value. On-campus entertainment should be ONU-sponsored events (PAC functions, athletic functions, etc.) Employee spouses may be included if such inclusion would further the purpose of the event.