- Be firmly grounded in the political traditions of the U.S. and Europe.
- Examine at least one non-Western culture.
- Examine the development of Western political thought, institutions and processes.
- Learn how to research, analyze and write about political issues.
- Develop a working knowledge of U.S. history.
A PORTFOLIO method is used with written and research products from HSPS 000, ISR 253, ISR 254, a paper or project from any 300/400 major elective, and PLSC 489. Each piece of written work will be evaluated based on whether it addresses the criteria. If the work does address a criterion, it will be evaluated based on the degree to which a student demonstrates his/her understanding or ability. The expectations will increase with each level of work. Students will be expected to demonstrate increasing sophistication from one level/course to the next.
Annual Reports on the Assessment of Student Learning
Follow the links below to view the full text of the reports for each academic year.
Lehr Memorial Room: 204
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.