Professional and Organizational Communication
1. Acquire knowledge of major communication theories
2. Acquire knowledge in subject matter, including verbal and nonverbal communication in interpersonal, group, organizational and public contexts
3. Develop skills in speaking
4. Develop skills in interpersonal encounters
5. Develop skills in writing
6. Attain proficiency in research and the critical analysis of assumptions and arguments
7. Attain proficiency in designing appropriate messages based on audience and situation analysis.
The evaluation of the SENIOR CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE is utilized to determine the degree to which students have obtained the learning objectives for the major.
A graduating senior EXIT SURVEY is used to determine attainment of learning objectives and student satisfaction with the program.
The department utilizes an ALUMNI SURVEY as an assessment measurement tool.
Annual Reports on the Assessment of Student Learning
Follow the links below to view the full text of the reports for each academic year.
Lehr Memorial Room: 204
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.