- Demonstrate a firm grounding in the Western historical tradition
- Acquire an understanding of at least one non-Western culture
- Develop historical or social-science research and writing skills
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of government and society
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the sociological, psychological, geographical, economic and anthropological aspects of social sciences
- Complete the requirements for teacher licensure
A PORTFOLIO method is used with written and research products from HSPS 000, HIST 204 or ISR 253 and 254, HSPS/HIST/PLSC 489, and EDUC 480 and Praxis II scores. Each piece of written work will be evaluated based on whether it addresses the criteria. If the work does address a criterion, it will be evaluated based on the degree to which a student demonstrates his or her understanding or ability. The expectations will increase with each level of work. Students will be expected to demonstrate increasing sophistication from one level and course to the next.Annual Reports on the Assessment of Student Learning
Follow the links below to view the full text of the reports for each academic year.
Lehr Memorial Room: 204
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.