- Graduates will be well grounded in fundamental accounting knowledge relating to financial-statement preparation and analysis, management decision making, internal controls and business processes, and tax planning.
- Graduates will be able to analyze, integrate and communicate complex information to facilitate management decision making.
- Graduates will be able to work well in a team and possess good communication skills.
- Graduates will be able to think analytically and critically and research basic problems independently.
- Graduates will be aware of graduate school options, certification options, and career options, including eventually starting an accounting business.
These are the measures used to collect assessment data for the accounting major and the standards or expectations for performance.
ETS®-MAJOR FIELD TEST - standard to be met is 90th percentile nationally and above all other CBA majors
EVALUATION OF CAPSTONE EXPERIENCE - standard to be met is "very good" (B, 4 out of 5, 8 out of 10) to "excellent" (A, 5 out of 5, 10 out of 10)
EVALUATION OF EXPERIENTIAL EXPERIENCE (INTERNSHIP, ETC.) - standard to be met is "very good" (B, 4 out of 5, 8 out of 10) to "excellent" (A, 5 out of 5, 10 out of 10)
CAREER AND CPA EXAM ADVISING IN ACCT 314 - standard to be met is thorough guidance on variety of accounting career paths and how to pursue them through ONU coursework
IMA STUDENT-CHAPTER ACTIVITIES - speakers: graduate schools, CPA exam review course, alumni in various careers; "What Do You Do When You Leave ONU?" alumni event - standard to be met is awareness of a variety of career options, including graduate school, that can be pursued by accounting majors.
Annual Reports on the Assessment of Student Learning
Follow the links below to view the full text of the reports for each academic year.
Lehr Memorial Room: 204
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.