Charitable Gift Annuity
Mr. Emory M. Hall, BSPH ’56, seeks to encourage and sustain the students attending the College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. He therefore established The Emory M. Hall Scholarship for Pharmacy with a gift of cash and an ONU Charitable Gift Annuity. His scholarship reflects his own lifelong passion for the practice of pharmacy, learning, and leadership.
A charitable gift annuity is a type of life income fund that can be established with a gift of cash or securities to ONU. In exchange for your gift to ONU, the University will pay a specified amount to you and, if you wish, another beneficiary. The payout rate depends upon the age(s) of the individual(s) receiving the annuity and the amount of the gift.
You will receive income for life. The gift-annuity payments include a return over time of a portion of the amount used to fund your annuity, thereby resulting in higher total payments than you might otherwise enjoy. In addition, a portion of the payments you receive may be tax-free.
The charitable gift annuity is a wonderful way to make meaningful gifts to ONU while enjoying income and tax benefits that can help enhance your future financial well-being.
Advantages of the gift annuity include:
- You receive income for life.
- Part of your income may be tax-free.
- Your rate of return is fixed for life.
- If you donate low-yielding securities, you may increase your income.
- If you make gifts of appreciated securities, you avoid immediate capital-gains taxes.
- You receive an immediate income-tax charitable deduction.
- You may reduce your estate.
- When your gift to Ohio Northern University is $10,000 or more, you will be invited to join the Heritage Club.
Lehr Memorial Room: 302
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.