Prior to coming to the Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University (ONU) in 2007, Kristen graduated from the West Virginia University School of Pharmacy in 2006 and was an ambulatory care pharmacy practice resident at The Ohio State University. Her clinical practice site included five community health clinics (Columbus Neighborhood Health Centers, Inc.) that served a multi-cultural and indigent population. At ONU, she serves as the Director of Outreach Programming for the College and is an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice. She currently teaches in the profession of pharmacy series, pharmacy calculations, over the counter products, physical assessment, and various therapeutic topics. Kristen attends a majority of outreach events with her pharmacy students that include health fairs at local grocery stores, group educational sessions at medical clinics, and health screenings in conjunction with meal preparation at homeless shelters. Her recognitions include the Ohio Pharmacists Association Young Pharmacist of the Year, the NACDS Community Pharmacy Faculty Award, and the ONU Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year.
Current Course Curriculum:
Patient Care Assessment Module 1
Patient Care Assessment Module 2—Coordinator
Profession of Pharmacy 4
Profession of Pharmacy 5
Profession of Pharmacy 6
Over the Counter Drugs
Infectious Disease Module
Capstone in Pharmacy Practice Module
- Doctor of Pharmacy, West Virginia University 2006
- Pharmacy Practice Residency and Teaching Certificate, The Ohio State University 2007
- Registered Pharmacist, Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
- Physical Assessment in Patient Care Management
- Medication Therapy Management Certificate, APhA
- Pharmacy Based Immunization Delivery Certificate, APhA
- Pharmacy Based Lipid Management Certificate, APhA
- Pharmaceutical Care for Patients with Diabetes Certificate, APhA
- ACLS Certified, The American Heart Association
- Community practice
- Over the Counter (OTC) products
- Profession of Pharmacy
- 2010 NACDS Community Practice Faculty Award
- 2009 Greek Awards ONU Faculty of the Year
Community or Ambulatory based research with involvement from students
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Ohio Pharmacists Association
- West Virginia University Alumni Association
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Mortar Board
- Phi Lambda Sigma
- Rho Ch
Selected Poster Presentations:
Tietz D, Finley KN, Kier KL. Analysis of Patient Counseling Trends by Community Pharmacists in Ohio.
- OhioPharmacists Association Annual Meeting, April 2009; Columbus, Ohio
Rhodes E, Finley KN, Shields K. Analysis of PharmD Students’ Interest Regarding Postgraduate Pharmacy Residencies.
- Ohio Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, April 2009; Columbus, Ohio
Hartzler M, Finley KN. Analysis of Patient Education Regarding Prescription Drug Therapy in Community Pharmacies.
- American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, April 2009; San Antonio, Texas
DiPietro NA, Finley KN, Kier KL, Sullivan DL. Promoting the Role of the Pharmacist in Public Health Activities through Curricular and Co-curricular Activities.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, July 2008; Chicago, Illinois
Finley KN, Hall LE, Giannamore M, Bennett M. Assessing the Impact of Lifestyle Modification Education on Knowledge and Behavior Changes in GERD Patients on PPI’s.
- American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, March 2008; San Diego, California
- American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, March 2007; Atlanta, Georgia (preliminary results)