Dr. Kisor's scholarly activity involves the discipline of pharmacokinetics in which the time course of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion are examined in mathematical terms. The application of the basic science of pharmacokinetics, clinical pharmacokinetics, is also an emphasis of scholarly activity. Dr. Kisor is also interested in the relationship between pharmacogenetics and pharmacokinetics.
Selected Invited Presentations:
October 2008 - Organ independent drug elimination. Ehrlich II Conference, Nuremberg, Germany.
May 2005 - The use of nontraditional pharmacokinetic models. Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio.
November 1999 - A Pharm.D.'s a Pharm.D.? Careers in the pharmaceutical sciences. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. New Orleans, Louisiana.
November 1998 - Intracellular ara-G triphosphate concentrations and clinical response. Annual Meeting of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. San Francisco, California.
B.S. Pharmacy, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 1984
Pharm.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 1986
Fellowship: Therapeutic Drug Monitoring/Pharmacokinetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 1988
Pharmacogenomics (Personalized Medicine)
- Banks ML, Sprague JE, Kisor DF, Czoty PW, Nichols DE, Nader MA. Ambient Temperature Effects on 3,4-methylenedioxymeth-amphetamine (MDMA)-induced Thermodysregulation and Pharmacokinetics in Male Monkeys. Drug Metab Disp. 2007 35:1840-1845.
- Kisor DF. Nelarabine. Drug of Today 2006;42(7):455-465.
- Allison JA, Roecker A, Kisor DF. Nelarabine. Future Oncology 2006;2(4)441-448.
- Kisor DF. Nelarabine: A nucleoside analog with efficacy in T-cell and other leukemias. Ann Pharmacother 2005;39:1056-1063.
- Kurtzberg J, Ernst TJ, Keating MJ, Gandhi V, Hodge JP, Kisor DF, Lager JJ, Stephens C, Levin G, Krenitsky T, Elion G, Mitchell BS. A phase I study of 2-amino-9-Beta-D-arabinofuranosyl-6-methoxy-9H purine (506U78[Nelarabine]) administered on a consecutive five day schedule in children and adults with refractory hematological malignancies. J Clin Onc 2005;23.
- Kisor DF. Collaboration to meet a therapeutic need: The development of Nelarabine. Clin Med: Ther. 2009:1 1317-1320.
- Roecker Am, Stockert A, Kisor DF. Nelarabine in the treatment of refractory T-cell malignancies. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2010; 4:133–141.
- Likovich M, Derr A, Kane M, Kisor DF, Sprague JE. Personalized Medicine and the Future of Pharmacy Practice. Pharmacy Times April 2010.