- Message from the Dean
- At A Glance
- Prospective Students
- Our Faculty & Staff
- Experiential Program
- Continuing Education
- Drug Information Center
- Current Students
- Pharmacy Alumni
- Pharmacy News
- Sebok Lecture Series
- Personalized Medicine
- Pharmacy Residency Programs
- Pharmacy Publications
- Learning Outcomes
You are here
The Business of Health Care: Specialty Pharmacies, Home Infusion Pharmacies and Pharmacy Technician Compounding
February 2010 Law & Mortar Newsletter - If you've submitted a hardcopy quiz, credit can only be issued once.
Program length: 0.1 CEU
Target audiences: Pharmacists
Knowledge based activity
This course requires completion of survey and a 80% passing quiz grade to receive certificate.
Universal Activity Number: 0048-0000-10-020-H03-P
This program has been approved by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy for jurisprudence credit. Franklin Z. Wickham, D.Pharm., M.S., R.Ph., previous Director of the Pharmacy Law Institute and previous executive director of the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
This issue of Law & Mortar begins a discussion of the laws and rules regarding specialty pharmaceuticals, infusion therapy and hime infusion pharmacies, one of the many specialty pharmacies that currently plays a significatn role in the delivery of pharmacists care in a constantly evolving health care delivery system.
1. outline the evolution of outpatient infusion companies and the services they provide;
2. list drugs commonly used in infusion therapy and explain restricted distribution programs;
3. describe the services of home infusion pharmacies, how they are licensed and how they are regulated under Ohio laws and rules; and
4. explain the regulations for qualified pharmacy technicians that allow them to engage in compounding.
Instructions: For credit card or checking account payment, pay by clicking the button below. You will be redirected to a secure site. Once payment has been received, you will then be directed to the actual course. For all other payment types, contact the Continuing Education Administrative Contact at 419/772-1871.