You are here
Dr. James W. Fenton, Jr.
Experience in forming and operating four companies as a principal shareholder and CEO. Member of corporate boards of directors. These were manufacturing companies in the metal making and distribution industries. Fifteen years of corporate consulting and executive education delivery addressing entrepreneurial applications.
- Dean & Professor of Management, James F. Dicke College of Business Administration, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, July 2005 - present.
- Dean & Professor of Management, School of Business, Utah Valley State College, Orem, UT, 2002-2005.
- Interim Dean & Forrest S. Williams Professor of Entrepreneurship, School of Business, Francis Marion University, Florence, SC, 1994-1995.
- Forrest S. Williams Professor of Entrepreneurship, School of Business, Francis Marion University, Florence, SC, 1989-1996.
- Assistant Professor of Management, College of Business Administration, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 1980-1981.
- PhD, University of Iowa
- MBA, University of Toledo
- BBA, University of Toledo
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Entrepreneurship (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial & Labor Relations (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Labor & Employment Law
- Principles of Management
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year - University of Iowa
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Sigma Iota Epsilon
- Business plan development
- Expert witness in compensation
- Venture capital facilitation
- Angel financing identification
- Buy-sell agreements
- Valuing & selling businesses
- Succession plans
- Family business mediation
- James W. Fenton, Jr., D.E. Kelley, W.R. Ruud, & J.A. Bulloch, “Employer Legal Liability for Employee Workplace Violence – Knee Deep in Big Muddy,” SAM Advanced Management Journal, 62, 4, Autumn, 1997, pp. 44-47.
- Ellen H. Loveland, J.O. Jasperson, J.A. Clark, J.W. Fenton, Jr. & M. Monson, “ADR Encourages Accurate and Timely Employment References in an Increasingly Violent Workplace,” Employment & Labor Law Quarterly, 10 (1), 2004, pp. 1-25.
- Scott C. Hammond, Susan R. Madsen & J.W. Fenton, Jr., “Strategically Increasing Faculty Productivity,” Academic Exchange Quarterly, 8, 4, Winter, 2004, pp. 152-57.
- J.E. Hoyt, S.R. Madsen, S.C. Hammond & J.W. Fenton, Jr. “Tracking Faculty Research Productivity: Analysis of a Survey Instrument,” International Journal of Applied Management Education and Development, (on-line journal), 2008.