You are here
When You Arrive
Registration begins at 3:00 and extends to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, June 15 and June 22 at Affinity Northwest Housing complex (map).
We anticipate your arrival to Ohio Northern University on Sunday between 3:00 and 4:30 p.m. for registration and dorm room check-in. You and your parents will have the opportunity to meet with some faculty and counselors of the SAHI that will be participating in your course instruction at ONU. Following registration and dorm room check-in, you and your parents are required to stay for a meeting with the SAHI Director, Director of Admissions and course counselors. Your parents are also welcome to stay for dinner. The cost of dinner is approximately $12.00.
In the air-conditioned room/suite, you will find:
Bed, linens, pillow, dresser, blinds, desks, closets, desk chairs, cable and WIFI internet connection (a passcode will be provided for access). The apartments contain two separate beds and shared bathroom. There will be two people per bedroom. Bed sheets are provided. Bring your favorite pillow. Towels are also provided.
In the common area of the Affinity complex, there is a kitchen with a complete set of appliances such as: refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave oven and dining area. Beverage and other vending machines are also available for drink purchases.
View a campus map here.
What else you need to bring:
- Cell phone – reception is good for carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
- Camera – there are always picture perfect events all week long.
- Clock Radio with alarm, IPod or I phone or other mobile device.
- Small amount of spending money – since the university bookstore is usually open.
- Soap, comb/brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.
- Insect repellent – DEET-based works best, Off Brand, pump instead of aerosol.
- Extra athletic socks, a pair of long jeans/slacks, Shorts, shirts, blouse.
- Sweatshirt/jacket (classrooms are air-conditioned and maybe cool).
- Comfortable shoes, closed toed shoes, shoes to be worn in the gym.
- Swimwear, beach towel, Sunscreen, Rain gear (coat, umbrella).
- Sandals/water shoes for shower.
A business casual outfit for the final class presentation (khaki slacks/polo, dress shirt) for final presentation.
If you anticipate washing clothes, bring along a small container of detergent and quarters for the machines.
You do not need to bring food. All meals are provided in the cafeteria. Snacks and bottled water are offered during the day and evening. **Please notify us of any dietary restrictions.
If medication needs to be dispensed, the SAHI director will make appropriate arrangements.
Additional Questions? If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
- Director, Dennis De Luca
- Tel: 419-772-2331 or 419-204-3361.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Ohio Northern University Summer Academic and Honors Institute courses.