Policy for copies from Books, Periodicals, Media etc.
Items may be placed on Reserve only for the quarter they are taught.
Instructors should send single copies to the library.
Acceptable Items to be Copied:
- Class Notes and Presentations
- Problem Solutions done by the Instructor
- Book chapter from a book
- An Article from a periodical or newspaper
- A Short story, Short essay or poem
- A Chart, graph, diagram, drawing, cartoon or picture
- Links (URLs) to Internet Resources
Items with copyright limitations
- Items that are more than 25 pages in length
- Items that are illegible in electronic format
- Items that produce large files
When feasible, the material will be available to the patron in electronic format. At the end of the quarter, the items will no longer be on reserve.
Instructions for Submitting Copied Materials:
A minimum of 5 working days is required to process material for electronic reserves.
1. A single paper copy may be submitted. The library will handle scanning and production of files.
2. The paper copy should be a high-quality photocopy on 8 ½ by 11 paper.
3. An electronic version of the material may be submitted on thumb drive or emailed to email@example.com.
The files may be in ASCII, RTF, PDF, HTML or Microsoft Word.
4. The following information should accompany the material. A form for submiiting the information is available online.
- Quarter(s) the items should be held on reserve
- Name(s) of instructor(s)
- Department Name
- Course Name
- Course Number
5. Permission to copy is the faculty member’s responsibility and is required for:
- Repetitive copying or if the material is used in more than one course or in successive years.
- Copying for profit
- Consumable works e.g. workbooks, standardized tests
- Creation of anthologies as the basic text for a course
6. Permission may be obtained by sending a request to the publisher in question. The letter should include the following:
- Title, author, edition
- Exact material to be copied (amount, page numbers, chapters)
- Number of copies to be made
- Use that will be made of the copies
- Manner of distribution (newsletter, classroom, etc.)
- Whether or not the material will be sold
- Type of reprint (photo, offset, typeset, etc.)
Heterick Memorial Library
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m.-Midnight