The former Willis auditorium, seen below as it appeared in 1929, was remodeled into the Snyder Recital Hall.
Snyder Recital Hall
The stage was moved forward and the floor's original slope was restored. Subsequently, the recital hall was named for Dorothy and Lowell Snyder in recognition for their support of Northern's music program.
Construction of a hallway along the north side of the recital hall allowed traffic to pass from the front to the rear of the building without disturbing performances. In addition, its top provided a useful balcony.
Rear of Presser prior to construction of Foley Rehearsal Hall - February 1985
The hall was named for Dr. Roland R. Foley, BSPH 1912, and Mrs. Foley.
Rehearsal Hall nearing completion - October 1985
Eight memorial stained glass windows were transferred from Lehr Memorial to enhance the appearance of the room.
Connect with ONU: