- Heterick Library Home
- Catalogs and search tools
- Quick Links
- Primary Links
- Taggart Law Library
You are here
1) Library materials may be borrowed for a designated period by patrons who produce a valid university or community user ID.
2) The period of loan is determined by the patron type and the type of material borrowed.
|Type of Material||Loan Period|
|Audio Records||21 days|
|Books - HML Stacks||Semester (Faculty & Staff)|
|Books - HML Stacks||21 days (Students & Community Users)|
|Books - OhioLINK||21 days (Students)|
|Books - OhioLINK||42 days (Faculty & Staff)|
|Compact Discs||14 days|
|Periodicals (Non-Reserve)||3 days (Faculty & Staff)|
|Reference Items||1 day|
|DVDs& Videos||7 days|
3) The patron is responsible for the return of all materials borrowed from the library.
4) All materials on loan are expected to be returned by the due date.
5) Items needed beyond the due date, may be renewed for a further period, provided the item is not needed by another patron.
6) A maximum of six renewals will be allowed per loan except for community users who will be allowed two renewals per loan. The renewals may be requested by using My Library Account, phone or in person.
7) Patron requiring an item that has been renewed twice, for a further period must bring the items to the library to be checked in and then reissued.
8) Students and Community users are charged a fine for late return of items belonging to Heterick Memorial Library. Fines vary based on type of material. Fines accumulate until the item is returned.
9) All patrons are charged a fine for late return of OhioLINK items. Fines accumulate until the item is returned.
10) Patrons are sent two overdue notices.
11) The overdue notices are followed a week later by a bill. It is assumed at this stage that the patron is unable to produce the item, and is required to pay the replacement cost of the item, an additional processing charge, and the fine. If the item is returned, the cost of the item is waived but the fine is collected.
12) Fines and replacement costs are collected at the Circulation Desk. The Controller is informed of patrons who have failed to pay the fines or replacement charges.