- Heterick Library Home
- Catalogs and search tools
- Quick Links
- Primary Links
- Taggart Law Library
You are here
Community User Policy - Heterick Memorial Library
1. Residents of Allen, Hardin, Auglaize, Hancock, Logan, Marion, Putnam, Union and Wyandot Counties, who are at least 18 years old, may apply for a community user card.
2. Patrons under 18 years of age may obtain a card with the signature of a parent.
3. Proof of residency and a photo i.d. are required when applying for a community user card.
1. Area residents are permitted in-library use of most materials and services.
2. Community users do not have interlibrary loan, OHIOLINK, or computer cluster privileges.
3. Community users are limited to checking out one (1) item on their first visit. Individuals visiting the library as part of a group can apply for a card on the day of their visit. They can check out materials on subsequent visits.
4. Community users are permitted to have no more than five (5) items on loan at one time.
5. Community users may not recall materials on loan to ONU borrowers; however, materials loaned to community users are subject to recall.
Card Use and Responsibilities:
1. Community users are responsible for notifying the library of address and telephone number changes, or if the card is lost. The library is not responsible for loss, theft, or misuse of the card.
2. All outstanding fines must be paid, and overdue materials returned in order to use the card.
3. Community user cards are valid for one year. Cards which are not used within a 12 month period become inactive.
4. There is a $5.00 replacement charge for lost community user cards.
5. Community users are subject to the fine schedules and circulation policies which are detailed on the Library Information screen of the POLAR catalog as well as the library homepage.
6. Community users are strongly encouraged to use the "My Library Account" selection on the main screen of the POLAR catalog. This feature can be used to examine due dates, materials currently checked out and other patron information.