- Heterick Library Home
- Catalogs and search tools
- Quick Links
- Primary Links
- Personal Librarian Program
- Taggart Law Library
You are here
Background information on what search engines are and how they work can be found in:
- Web developer.com guide to search engines
- The Extreme Searcher's Guide to Web Search Engines : A Handbook for the Serious Searcher
- Searching the Internet (Internet Scout Toolkit)
Individual Search Engines - General
One quick way to locate such search engines is to go to WorldCAT, one of the databases listed on the Heterick Memorial Library's web pages.
Enter "web search engines" as a keyword in the search box
and your subject, say "history" as a keyword in the second box.
Scroll down to the Limit Type to: options and check the Internet Resource box
then search. If anything matches your search, you should see a list of search engines.
Click on a title to see information about the engine. Click on the URL to access it.